Wednesday, February 9, 2011

steel fabrication

Steel fabrication is the process of building structure by bending cutting and welding metal.
I started steel fab 3 days ago, If was a very rough start, the teacher was not helpful, and kept leaving the work shop to text on his phone. We were told we could use all the machines like the shear, CNC machine or the press break ext. but he would not properly instruct us on how to use them, besides telling us there's the on switch don't cut your hand off. It was quite an intimidating  first day not knowing what to do or how to use machines that are way bigger than you. The next day was a lot better, we asked one of the other teaches to come in and help us and too talk to the other teacher to see if she could convince him to actually teach us, he was much more helpful after that. I am making a candle holder and going to attempt a small table if I have the time. I am enjoying steel fab a lot more now than compared to the first day, I like getting to cut as well as grind the metal and watch the sparks fly everywhere.

I will post some pictures of my finished projects later :)

2 comments:

  1. I go through your post and find some very informatics idea about steel fabrication. I have some fabrication topics to find visit Metal Fabrications and Sheet Metal Fabrications.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stainless steel fabrication is kinda rough at first but can be as crystal clear polish at the end.

    ReplyDelete