Tuesday, April 5, 2011

boilermaking/rigging

So for the last two days I was rigging and learning about boiler making. I tied a lot of knots and made a sling. (the sling is for 4x4 when you get stuck you can pull yourself out) The sling is made of wire rope and I had to pull apart the wires and re-twist them into a loop.  We also had to learn a lot of hand signals so we could direct a crane.  ( I will post a picture of the sling soon)

We spent a lot of time learning about boiler making, it seems like a good job, the pay and benefits are good and there can be lots of over time so you can make extra money. Getting to work at very high heights when assembling the boilers seems very cool. I know I say this about every career but I think I'm now considering becoming a boilermaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment